The Metaphysical Center of New Jersey (MCNJ) is a nonprofit—501(c)3—educational corporation. Since 1956 our purpose has been to educate people and help them to evolve in consciousness by learning to apply metaphysical principles to everyday life. We are looking to expand our reach in terms of educational offerings, online presence, community partnerships, and additional staff.
MCNJ is seeking a part-time Executive Director for approximately 20 hours per week. This is currently a work-from-home position; however, attendance at monthly Board meetings will be required. Working closely with the Board, this individual will be responsible for leading key aspects of this non-profit organization including revenue generation and financial performance, educational programs and volunteer services, marketing and public relations, and general oversight of operations.
Revenue Generation and Financial Performance
• Secure funds from foundations/grants, businesses, and key sponsors to meet annual goals.
• Manage all fundraising efforts to ensure financial activities are in alignment with financial goals.
• Ensure financial oversight of MCNJ’s operations, budget, and work with outside accountants and attorneys as necessary.
Educational Programs and Volunteers Services
• Oversee programs and coordinate all activities related to current monthly and yearly events.
• Coordinate the promotion of existing courses and develop potential new course offerings.
• Cultivate new membership initiatives and supervise a community of volunteers.
Marketing and Public Relations
• Design and implement a system that ensures a high level of visibility for MCNJ.
• Expand the Center’s on-line presence through its website and other social media platforms.
• Enhance existing print media protocols to better publicize MCNJ events and courses.
Oversight and Operations
• Maintain knowledge of federal and state regulations as they pertain to nonprofit organizations to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Create and manage development plans to establish partnerships with other organizations whose mission and purpose are aligned with MCNJ.
• Maintain open and transparent communication with the Board including working with key Board members and various Committees as needed.
• Assume additional responsibilities as required.
• An understanding of the concepts underlying metaphysics is required
• Minimum of 8 – 10 years of work experience; leadership/management expertise a plus
• Previous development/fund raising experience in a non-profit organization needed
• Strong critical thinking, organization and time management skills
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Proficiency in working with all forms of social media
• Proven experience leading and motivating others
• Expertise using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
MCNJ provides equal opportunity to all qualified employees and applicants. No person shall be discriminated against in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status or any other status or condition protected by applicable federal or state statutes.
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter by email to: email@example.com
Peggy Neligan, Interim Director
Metaphysical Center of New Jersey